Reaction Post: “Goodbye, Michael”
Beware: this is ridiculously long, and ridiculously gif-heavy. You have been warned.
OH! And, of course: SPOILERS!
Ok, so the whole episode for me went pretty much like this:
And like this:
Not to mention this:
But there are a few things in particular that are worth mentioning.
So here we go:
- Gabe going crazy, threatening Andy and trying to get Erin to reconsider. Nope, don’t think so, buddy!
- "You guys are filming people when they go to the bathroom now?" :P (I just love it when they acknowledge the camera crew. It is supposed to be a documentary, after all)
- Michael throwing away his “World’s Best Boss” mug and replacing it with this “World’s Best Boss” Dundie that he got from the rest of the office. And then he places it on his desk the same way he does on the opening credits! PARALLELS!!!!
- Oscar’s present and Michael’s reaction.
- Michael and Holly. "My Hero!" Aw! You can’t really feel bad for Michael when he’s finally getting what he always wanted. :)
- "So I know I told everybody that tomorrow is my last day, but I’m gonna by leaving tonight. I head to the airport at 4." WAIT! WHAT??? AND PAM LEAVES BECAUSE SHE JUST DOESN’T KNOW!!!
- "So you’re not prone to seizures?" XD
- Meredith being… Well, Meredith.
- "See you on the flippity-flip!" XD (lol what does that even mean??)
- Michael with Erin! "You are beautiful, and you are fun, and you are smart. And you know what? You don’t need a mom, because you have my number and you can call me any time". Oh boy…
- Michael’s letter of recommendation for Dwight. "The dictionary defines ‘superlative’ as ‘of the highest kind, quality, or order, surpassing all else or others; supreme’. I define it as: Dwight Schrute. As a sales executive, as a leader, as a man… and as friend, he is of the highest kind, quality, and order; supreme." NOW THIS IS JUST FREAKING CRUEL!
- THEN THEY PLAY PAINTBALL! IT’S LIKE CLASSIC DWIGHT AND MICHAEL! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, SHOW???
- It’s already 3 and Pam has not arrived yet!!! EVEN WORST, SHE APPEARS TO BE GOING TO THE MOVIES! SHE’S GOING TO MISS MICHAEL! JIM, YOU KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON! DO SOMETHING!!!
- "A little cover up on your Adam’s apple will make it appear smaller, which will make you look less like a transvestite." LOL! Michael and his advices…
- Anything with Deangelo…
- And then Andy totally PWNING Deangelo on that client and keeping him even though Deangelo had completely blown the whole thing. You go ahead and show them, Andy!
- "Power through the arthritis, Phyllis, you can do it!" AWWW! Michael really wants those gloves! Remember when he did the Yankee Swap on Christmas to trade them because he thought they were just lame? Now Phyllis is making him a new pair and he really wants them! Our boy has grown so much!
- ((Right, so I used the same gif twice! Well, it just fits, OK! SO SUE ME! XP))
- Michael’s last conference room meeting… He doesn’t know what to say! And Jim has already figured out, you can tell! So Michael brings in Ping and he’s about to cry! AND OMG DARRYL IS ABOUT TO CRY TOO!
- Jim’s last scene with Michael… They’re both crying, JESUS! This is clearly not acting. John and Steve are crying for real here.
- Michael: Right… So… James Halpert, you started with this company… as a fine young man…
- Jim: You know what I think we should do? I think we should just save the goodbyes for tomorrow, at lunch.
- Michael: Oh… OK…
- Jim: And then tomorrow I can tell you what a great boss you turned out to be. Best boss I ever had.
- Phyllis isn’t done with Michael’s gloves yet, but he takes them anyway and heads out… and then turns around a takes a last look at the office… He’s got tears in his eyes, you guys! How am I supposed to handle this??? OMG Creed went through the garbage and got his mug! Oh, bless you, Creed! "See ya tomorrow, boss!" And then Jim looks at him, does the cutest little head shake, and that’s it! Michael walks out.
- "Hey! Will you guys let me know if this ever airs?" And he takes off his mic… <333
- AW! Michael’s last words? Well, of course, what else would it be: "That’s what she said". :)
- YES! PAM MADE IT JUST IN TIME!!!
- OK, this is just killing me here… Here’s the thing: the relationship between Pam and Michael has always been one of my very favorites in the show. I LOVE them together - not as a couple, mind you, I just love how protective they can be of each other, how Michael takes care of Pam, how Pam trusts Michael and how they try to bring out the best in each other… I love that Pam was the last one to talk to Michael and I actually love that we can’t actually hear what they told each other, because it doesn’t matter. And they hug and Pam watches him leave, and she’s crying, but she’s just so happy for him… Oh frell you, show!
- And then it’s more Deangelo stuff, which I’ll just ignore (I like Will Ferrell, I just really don’t like Deangelo), although that little interaction between Dwight and Jim was nice to see.
- I just… it’s pathetic, I’m still crying, OK. This episode was just so sad to watch… But I do believe it was a wonderful goodbye to Michael. He deserved it! And I honestly cannot picture The Office without him. He was the heart of the show! Even more than Jim and Pam, in my opinion…
- I wish them all good luck with the show, though. If they somehow manage to carry on just the same without Steve Carell, then it will be really good for everyone! It’s just that right now, I can’t picture it. :(
Note: I have no idea where half these gifs came from (apart from the ones I made myself)! If anyone owns any of them, please let me know and I’ll credit you. :)
First time I tried doing a reaction post! I’m still getting the hang of it, so be nice with me. It’s just that I’ve seen a lot of people do these (my friend such-torturous-things, in particular, has done quite a few), so I just felt like trying it. :)